Friday, April 06, 2007

This Post Is A Disciplinary Act


I made this Wagga for my beloved's eldest daughter, dearest Lee Lee (Leah) for her 21st (December 2006). AND as you can see if you're really looking properly, I havn't finished it yet. It's all done excepting for the ties or quilting and phew! that would take at least 2-3 hours so you can see why I'm putting it off!
You'll have to take my word for it that the actual, warm, fuzzy reality of the blanket is far more beautiful than the photo.
This truly is my favourite method of working at the moment... to build rather than plan as such. I exclaim, throughout the process, 'I love doing this!' It's exciting as only you will understand.
I'm putting these dodgy photo's up in an effort to embarrass myself into finishing it.
Although, in my defence, the recent bout of illness meant that to have come this far was quite an effort and I should really be praised and adulated with the gentle throwing of rose-petals, lilting song andsome kind of a colourful dance troupe.
And, without going on and on and on and on and on about it all... as my health has returned in full so has my enthusiasm and energy. But you should see my sewing room. It's a bit messy. You might remember I posted photo's of it in a messy state once before, just to show myself as humble and endearing, but vanity prevailed and I took them off.
P.S. Click on the Label link 'Wagga's' to see others I have posted. I'll photograph the early one's too (given to family now) so you can see the progression.

1 comment:

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

I really enjoy your waggas. I'm sure there's one in my future -- I've been stashing & hoarding for just such a project.