Thursday, December 13, 2007

Jaden's Wagga










I made this Wagga for my grandson. I began it while my daughter was pregnant and intended it for his birth. Then I thought, Oh Well, First Birthday... but when this too passed I kept quiet about the whole thing. Finally I finished it and gave it to him about eighteen months ago and of course it's too small for his bed. He's nearly eight.

The black woollen fabric comes from a coat of my Grandma's (his great-great grandma) and one of my own oldies. Grandma's bouccle has sadly run when we've washed it.
I haven't done any more of baby's.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

He's a lucky boy. I reckon my oldest son would love it if his Grandma made him a patchwork blanket.
THANKYOU so so much for the yo-yos - they are wonderful, I love them. Can you tell me who made them? And your Christmas card is gorgeous too, the best one on the string.

Annie B said...

gorgeous...I just finished reading about Waggas in The Idea of perfection by Kate Genville. I had never heard of them before. Was lovely to come across yours on flickr. What a wonderful gift for a grandchild. So full of history and very beautiful too.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What an amazing piece! Love the details, especially those bees.