Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Uzbekistan Rug

The orange was too much as a solid row, so, using an idea Joy showed me for making circles and fitting concentric rows into each other, I thought I could do two spaced rows. The next row, below, is worked quite close to the first. When you add the third row, it pushes the first two together nicely. I've since done more, and the orange is more 'hinted at' than dominant. Happy La! Just the ticket.

 Below is my leather Gripper Strip guard. A friend's Mum gave me a roll of soft hide and I couldn't pass it up, but didn't know what to do with it. Some nasty abrasions from rampant hooking soon gave me the idea! We now all have one in our little group. Great to use it up. It's not a colour I'd put in the house and I couldn't be bothered making a jacket... Hmmm... Nah, too bust with the rugs and the knitting and the paper-cuts and the garden and the family.


No comments: