Monday, February 13, 2017

Churn Dash Love

I found the quilted peachy-pink satin bedspread (lining) at Wandin North Op Shop for $4! It's a page out of my childhood. Well, not mine exactly, but that time when people had that type of thing. None of this polyester rubbish, it feels so silken and luscious. I don't even know if I want a V cushion, but it was too perfect and I might take up more reading, or embroidering in bed, so it will be perfect. 
Reminds me of a 60's McCall's Needlework photo shoot.
The buttons on the cushion are actually (very) old lead disks, self-covered. Grandma's stash.

Cousin Ivy's Pineapple Lilly (Eucomis).
I made the Churn Dash quilt top years ago. It's all satin-backed shantung and old silks etc. The back is turned out and ties hold the layers together.


I can't figure out my camera. I might have to actually read something, but time is always too precious. So, sorry about the dullness of the shot. It' actually amazing and rich in colour and smells pretty.

This is the new shed/arbour/patio between the house and the vege garden. Nice brickwork my dear.


No comments: