Friday, August 21, 2020

New Handles On The Crazy Carpet Bag

 At last I fixed the handles! It’s only been an hundred years. I used some from a bag my mum had been making, sentimentally. Mind, she’s in all the sewing I do, she and Grandma.

Look to this post for the details of construction, if you want to make one yourself. I had a class where we did all of the various stitches. These and more. It was heaps of fun and I miss those times with the gals. Maybe after I retire...

I made this to demonstrate a thicker style of stitching to my big crazy quilt, which juxtaposes heavy and very fine work. Contrary to what you might think, it whipped up fairly quickly.

I've carried around these tan velvets since I was 17 or so.

'A fair little girl sat under a tree
Sewing as long as her eyes could see
Then smoothed her work
and folded it right
and said Goodnight dear work
Goodnight, Goodnight.


No comments: