Tuesday, July 11, 2023

3am


Can’t sleep                                                    (just relax yourself)                                   (my pillow is lumpy)

Can’t Sleep             (try not to wriggle) 

I’m soooo tired.                      (you’ve got to work in the morning)

Sore back                (I’ll just stretch a little)

Hot               (and poke my feet out)

Sticky                                (my f’ing feet are cold now)

Roll over     (be stealthy)                                                                              (don’t be annoying)

Roll back             (sorry about that)

Thinking…                 (just think of quiet things!)    (imagine the fields over the road)   (listen to the wind)

Whoa! That’s a good idea!   (fuck, what a great idea!)                 (wow, that could work really well)

Hmmmmm…               mmm…          huh…!

Mmm…                                                 (no, you can’t start a project at 3.56 in the morning on a work day!)

I could use all of my gold threads                                           (a squillion thoughts, each better than the last)

Start now?                               (no, you   Can    Not    Start    Now!)                       (Go     To     Sleeeeeeep!)

I might as well use them really                            (ffs! think about quiet things!)

                                           (you could use the old brocade and that blue mohair you got from the market)

I think I’m drifting now    (I think I’m falling asleep)

                                                                                  (we could go to Spotlight on the way home)

Yes, definitely nicely drowsy                                             (or Lincraft at lunchtime I suppose)

That’s so much better        (I’m pleasantly drifting away)            (nearly gone)     

                                                                                   (thoughts are quiet now, if textured)

          (golden)                 

                                       (fluffy)            

     

                    (pretty)


BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP! BEEP!  BEEP! BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!                

No comments: