Friday, April 23, 2021

Phillip Island Retreat

You can see the ridges in this light so I thought I’d post a sneak pic below... without explanation! I’m not sure if my neck/head ache is due to knitting or sleeping on the wrong pillow and I’ve been using headphones too much and have tinnitus! Poor petal! 
Sitting and walking at Kitty Miller bay yesterday was a balm though. The waves and the beauty of it gets inside you. Our favourite place on the island. After walking and knitting for ages I just sank back onto the thick carex (or poa) while Ross was painting and melded into the view. The quiet helped my head.
 

We’re coming home today. I took heaps of work to do but forgot key ingredients like the green spindrift to finish the extended sleeve on Sadie’s cardigan (although it’s completely ready to graft otherwise), and somehow left home the size charts for the same! That was to be my biggest appointed task, to key the pattern into the program. The charts are all edited and ready to go so I was thinking the evenings here would be a perfect time to do it. Idiot! 
But I’ve managed to swatch lace patterns and make decisions, then despair at the amount of work I’ve set myself in compiling a book (a common thread with me, to turn things into huge undertakings) which both overwhelms and entices me, one mood dominating, then the other. Ha ha! Can’t lay blame for that one.




No comments: