Thursday, June 15, 2006

More From The One And Only Lotus The Wonderful!





Possum, with Velvet stitch body. It stands out beautifully in the flesh. Lotus worked it firstly in Needle Painting style (Long and Short stitch), but it didn't stand out against the foliage, so she did it again in Fluffiness stitch (Ghiordes Knot or Turkey Knot). It's the cutest, snuggling little possum ever! Its l;ittle nose all snuggled in. It did come from a magazine for the most part, but I'm afraid I don't know which.

I have a book called 'Wildflower Embroidery' by Annette Rich. It's a Milner Craft Series book. Lote used the Waratah method from the book. We grow them up here in the hills. I have a couple outside and I'm sure Lotus has too, she's an avid gardener. Great book! Worth having for those who love Aussie flowers. It's terrific.

That's all of my Lotus photo's now. I'm sure you're as impressed as I am. Thanks Lote! xxx

1 comment:

Cat said...

I really like this style. It is fun to look at the flowers scattered about and the butterflies...