Monday, June 03, 2013

Grrr!



In spite of having a shocking cold (the One True, who had it last week, prefers to call it the flu), and therefore missing the second ever Victorian Rug Makers get together... I am all set to begin my new rug.
I bought a lap frame and glued the barred strips down, I drew my design onto the linen using the brilliant tulle method (linen feels amazing underhand)... and I've cut some strips...
The problem is, I don't have quite the right colours to do more than a smidge.
On the recommendation of a friend, I bought Landscape dyes. But, it seems the One True has thrown out my old dye pot! Great! AND, he's having a 'wool allergic' moment.
Lucky he's fairly cute or there'd be trouble. OK, he's really good.
I'm always a bit nervous to step out of my comfort zone. Not that this stops me, but I'm particularly nervous to purchase so much expensive stuff and not yet be actually DOING ANYTHING!
Little bit grumpy to have to buy a new pot now, on top of everything else.
I don't think he has the same qualms, and his toys are so much more expensive. Plus, if I may be so bold, far less utilized!

No comments: